How about having a healthy chocolate smoothie? Well, if you love healthy and tasty treats, then you will definitely love this. Main ingredients include nondairy yogurt ,one frozen banana for a fruity, creamy taste that is very rich in potassium, add a hint of cinnamon for blood sugar control, turmeric and chocolate.
Description of Ingredients:
Cocoa Powder – Use Carnation chocolate power, but you can use cacao powder also.
Vegan Milk – Unsweetened cashew milk, or any other vegan alternative that you may like.
Pumpkin puree – Use plain pumpkin
Vegan Yogurt – Use soy yogurt or any vegan nondairy yogurt of your choosing.
Frozen banana – Use half a banana
Kale – Use kale as a leafy green. It blends up very nicely.
Ginger – An excellent detoxifying ingredient
Ice cubes (optional) – Use ice to give your smoothie the desired thickness and consistency.
Optional add-ins – flaxseeds, turmeric, chia seeds, sesame seeds or any other superfood.
Banana Chocolate Ginger Pumpkin Smoothie
- ¾ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 handful kale
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ medium banana
- 3 ice cubes (Optional)
- Add milk into blender
- Add kale
- Add grated fresh ginger
- Add pumpkin puree
- Add cocoa powder
- Add cinnamon
- Add frozen banana
- Add 3 ice cubes (optional)
- Start blending until it gets to a very smooth consistency.
- You can add more milk or ice to adjust the desired consistency.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass cup and enjoy